Pharmacy Education 2015
Pharmacy Education Today and Tomorrow
Pharmacy Education 2015 promises to be bigger and better than ever. We’ll bring an expanded global focus, as we partner with the Association of Faculties of Pharmacy of Canada. At the meeting, you’ll:
- Explore the latest advances in pharmacy education and pharmacy practice.
- Learn from leaders in technology and healthcare, and discover new ways to innovate and collaborate.
- Reconnect with colleagues and share news about the profession and the Academy.
- Experience new ways of learning.
New This Year
Tuesday General Session Speaker and Performance
Attendees have the opportunity to hear a dynamic speaker at the general session on Tuesday, July 14 from 3:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. An exciting performance by local DC entertainment group, the Capitol Steps, will conclude the session.
Stay Social at the Closing Reception
Networking and collaboration continue at the Closing Reception on Tuesday, July 14, held immediately after Tuesday's General Session.
New Faculty Mentoring Program
New or junior faculty members can be paired with more experienced faculty to
understand Annual Meeting programming, learn about networking opportunities and share daily experiences.
Fitness enthusiasts can enjoy breathtaking views of the Potomac River while running in the Pharmathon on Monday, July 13. All fitness levels are welcome to participate in this 5K fun run. Registration includes the official race t-shirt, race numbers and safety pins, chronotrack timing devices, water and light refreshments at the finish line. Pre-registration is required.
Awards Presentations During Tuesday's General Session
The Rufus A. Lyman and Student Community Engaged Service Awards will be presented during the Tuesday General Session on July 14.
Jumpstart your learning at the 2015 Annual Meeting with three outstanding pre-sessions on Saturday, and conclude your meeting experience with a Global Workshop on Wednesday.
At the Teachers Seminar, Beginning with the End in Mind: Developing the Self-Aware Pharmacist, 8:30 a.m.–3:15 p.m., a diverse interprofessional panel will provide attendees with insight regarding the value of self-awareness in the journey of student pharmacists through didactic, experiential and extra-curricular training to optimize the knowledge, skills and attitudes of graduates entering pharmacy practice. Attendees can earn up to 4.75 hours of continuing education units.
At the new Joseph T. DiPiro Excellence in Publishing Workshop, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., authors will receive an overview of the essentials of publishing excellence when submitting their scholarly work to peer-reviewed publications. They’ll also have the opportunity to discuss their papers with the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education editorial team, who can provide insight into manuscripts in process.
The interactive workshop, New Faculty Program: Basic Skills for Becoming Effective Reviewers, 1:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m., is intended for faculty members who have limited experience in reviewing grants and manuscripts. Presenters from both the pharmacy publishing community and grant review panels will discuss the importance of participating in the review process, and provide tips for how to develop as a reviewer.
At the one-day Global Workshop from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 15, attendees will hear from international and domestic leaders in interprofessional and experiential education who have established global partnerships and who are making a difference in global public health.
Additional highlights include:
- Opening General Session and Presentation of the Chalmers and Weaver Awards—Sunday, July 12
- Dr. Jane McGonigal book signing following the Opening General Session—
Sunday, July 12
- AFPC/AACP Global Session: Collaborating Internationally in Pharmacy Experiential Education–Australia, Brazil, Canada, and Scotland, and meet the speakers in the Exhibit Hall—Sunday, July 12
- Academic Research Fellows Program Poster Session—Monday, July 13
- Science Symposium and Presentation of the Dawson and Volwiler Awards—
Monday, July 13
- Tuesday General Session and Presentation of the Lyman and Student Community Engaged Service Awards—Tuesday, July 14
- Closing Reception—Tuesday, July 14
- Complimentary R&R Lounge: Recharge and Reconnect—Saturday, July 11 to Wednesday, July 15. Check your e-mail, charge your devices, and refresh for your next session or appointment.